What Am I Up To?

Monday, April 23, 2012

I haven't been very good at updating my blog. Apologies. I have a good excuse, though. I've been busy writing! So I've been a good writer and not a very good blogger. I think I can live with that. However, I will try to do better in the blog department in the future.

I finished a novel. I mentioned it last year. It's called A Thousand Sunsets and was written last November for NaNoWriMo. This year I have been editing it, cleaning it up, polishing it, vacuuming it, dusting it - basically doing everything possible to make it shine. I had help. My amazing friend, Heather, offered me the use of her grammar and picking-a-not-so-good-story-apart-and-suggesting-how-to-put-it-back-together-again-in-a-much-better-way skills. Wouldn't you love to have skills like that? Now the novel has been sent off into the big, big world, and only time will tell how it does. A writer needs to have a lot of patience.

The novel isn't the only thing I've been working on. Short stories, reasearch, articles...I write it all. It's been quite the month for submissions, but instead of sitting back and waiting for the barrage of rejection letters and emails, I'm diving head first into my next projects. It can make a girl almost depressed that she will never, ever have time to write the million stories she wants to accomplish, so at least I write as many as I can. And I will.

Until next time - keep writing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment